into the mind of kimi...

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

thanksgiving break!

there is power in proclamation. its true. and i think that i've been proclaiming that i'm an old man a little too much. in addition to back pains and a weak stomach, i also apparently have gout. i used to be the person who never got sick. i had a stomach of iron, the constitution of a horse. put me in any country, feed me any monstrosity, throw me in a room full of sick people, i was fine ( excluding a certain incident involving 30 hot peppers and a turkish bus). apparently no longer. for the past two months or so, it seems i cant eat anything without my stomach hurting. that, in itself isn't so terrible, i can deal with it. i just eat foods that make the stomach ache worth it. oh wait. i eat at saga.
anyway, the past couple days have been a bit frustrating. a couple nights ago, i almost collapsed because of shooting pains in my leg and lower back. however, at 1am (or some other odd hour of the night) a whole bunch of the girls got together and prayed over me, and i ended up feeling really blessed. so the situation was good! i really am so blessed to live on a floor where we are continuously encouraging each other in Jesus. i love my lambda phi sisters!

i would like to take this moment to point out that it has been a mere week since my last post.

We left for Liz' home in ohio directly after my OT class. Mandy and Krystal dropped me and Liz off in Joplin, MO where we had to wait for an hour in the car-rental place because they didn't have any available cars. (liz' car still is not fixed! her car is in joplin because of accident while we were returning from fall break) our bags were strewn about the sitting area, and it made me think of layovers in various airports. =)

the drive to ohio was relatively uneventful. we did stop at some crazy redneck gas station at 2am, where 4 large beer-imbibing grizzled men leered at us and said "hello ladies". We considered the distance from the interstate we were (quite a distance), the time of day (not a very good time), and the quality of the gentlemen (quite an unsavory lot), and decided it would not be a good time to engage in lively conversation.

i'm excited about two of my best friends getting married on saturday! to each other! and i'll get to be there! yay!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home