into the mind of kimi...

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

missing Turkey

I've really been missing Turkey this past week. Im referring to the country, not the food. Today, Liz and I went out for Turkish food. yum!
I was able to use my rusty turkish skills. or lack of skills. whatever. the waiter seemed highly amused. I really want to go back to Turkey. right now!
excerpt from email to my friend in Turkey:
"these past couple of days, i've been thinking about turkey alot. i miss it so much!me and liz even looked up some turkish music online, then ran around the room looking crazy, and trying to do the little turkish dance. shake body, arms out, snap fingers, sing with a trembly voice... okay. so we butchered it. in fact the pathetic, slightly-cardiac arrest-causing picture you got in your head is probably right on. it was that bad. (we were listening to "dudu" by Tarkan). however it was lots and lots of fun. and all the terrified looks people gave us as they scurried past our room made it even more worth it.
i've been told that i strike fear into people's hearts. i like to think it's because i have the presence of a lioness. dont tell me otherwise.
well, i should go to bed now..."

well. i really should go to bed now.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home